Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Zombie Moai sees new life, err death, awe, you know what i mean

Just saw photos of the test fire from my collaboration with Miles at Munktiki, and I am bowled over. His unique production of this mug is beyond fantastic, and I have to say I like it more than my original release of it in 2003. I will not go into details about it right now, as it will be some time before it is released by Munktiki.

Photobucket
(photo use permission given by Miles of Munktiki)

I will say this, collaborating with Munktiki is a huge thrill as it was one of their mugs that was my first non-vintage tiki mug, and I am a long time fan of their design sensibility and phenomenal glaze work.

For those of you reading that have asked me about this mug over the years, know that this new version comes from my original production mold from 2003, and yes, it has the gory bottom.

If you are unfamiliar with Munktiki, check it, munktiki.com for tikis, monsters, and more.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Cass, me like, me want!! I think this is another great version of the mug to go along with the ones you did. I actually think it would be cool to have some of them sent to other artists and see what they would come up with for different looks.